How to fold and unfold bandsaw blades
By Wood-Mizer, Europe
Coiling and uncoiling bandsaw blades needs to be done correctly. Here is a quick, step-by-step guide to proper blade folding. ALWAYS REMEMBER to wear gloves and eye protection when handling blades in addition to keeping others at a safe distance when coiling or moving blades.
Uncoiling the blade
1. Take the three-loop coil in your right hand.
2. Find the loop that creates a ﬁgure eight, and pull down with your left hand.
3. The top two loops will form a cross
4. Whichever blade loop is on top, hold with your right hand. Hold the other loop with your left.
5. Hold the blade out and away from you. Slowly move your hands apart while rotation your forearms down and outwards.
6. Your blade is successfully uncoiled.
Coiling the blade
1. Raise the blade with teeth pointed toward you. Slightly squeeze the blade inward.
2. Keep your arms locked, swinging the top of the blade down so it bends under.
3. On the downward bend, bring your hands together crossing over each other.
4. The blade will form three loops. Lift the bottom blade upward with your left hand to catch all three loops in one coil.
5. Your blade is successfully coiled. Remember to secure the coiled blade with a wire tie to ensure it won’t uncoil.